Recirculating PolyGeyser® Filter
A natural result of any aquaculture system is wastewater – and because aquaculture is one of the fastest growing sectors in agriculture, it is important to understand the technologies available to treat wastewater from aquaculture systems. AST’s patented PolyGeyser technology has proven benefits to improve your system.
The Recirculating PolyGeyser from AST can add bead filter technology to the tail-end of your existing filter system to thoroughly polish your wastewater, removing BOD and reducing total suspended solids, nitrogen, and ammonia. Because the RCPG passes water through the filtration process multiple times, using it as secondary filtration helps polish better than competing technologies, and it can even replace your traditional aquaculture filtration system in some applications.
Replacing or augmenting your aquaculture filtration with the RCPG can help you stay in compliance with state and federal regulations for wastewater and meet permitted limits, even at high flow rates. Bead filters like the RCPG also help reduce your wastewater output by allowing water reuse and drastically reducing the amount of water required for backwashing.
Large Capacity and Minimal Maintenance for Heavy Loads
Recirculating PolyGeysers are tall filters (up to 10 feet) with high bead bed capabilities ranging currently from 10 to 250 cubic foot with internal recirculation flows ranging from 100 to 2,500 gpm. Normally equipped with auto-pneumatic sludge discharge, these units are intended to operate for months with periodic pass-bye inspection to assure that the air blower and input pumps are operating. The air blowers drive the recirculation loops and only the beads, water, and air move within the unit – there is nothing to break, not even a check valve. These filters can even be buried, as all vital components can be reached from the top.
- Stand-alone treatment for smaller flows
- Designed for consolidation: these filters can replace/upgrade biofiltration, secondary clarification, and/or tertiary polishing units
- Small on-site footprint – the recirculation tank is built into the unit
- Enhanced nitrification and organic (BOD) removal with multiple passes
- Normally operates with pneumatic sludge removal with no electronics
- No moving parts or electronics to break
- EN media provides superior BOD, TSS, and ammonia removal
- Can be configured for corrosion free marine applications
- One year warranty, USA made
Let's Get Started Today
From a simple filter to a complete custom system, our engineers can help you find the perfect filtration system for your needs. Get in touch today!