Live Bait & Seafood Holding Systems
Keep Seafood and Bait Fresh for Market
We know you need reliable holding & filter systems to keep up with your business goals.
Our robust filters are designed to keep your costs down. AST filters perform both biological and mechanical filtration in one easy-to-use unit with few moving parts for easy maintenance. Now you need less equipment and space to achieve the required filtration with an AST filter.
Holding systems designed with our filters:
- Increase your holding capacities per unit holding volume
- Reduce mortality rates
- Decrease daily water exchange
An incredibly simple, automated backflushing procedure makes maintaining our holding system filters easy and fast.
Engineered for Efficiency
AST filters run off of smaller pumps providing measurable energy savings every month. Our newest filters, the AST Airlift and the Endurance, separate the backwash event from water loss making them great for saltwater applications where you don’t want to be flushing your money down the drain.
The bead media used to filter out solids is food-safe and never needs to be replaced. Let us know your production targets and AST’s filter experts will take care of sizing the filter, tank, and specialty equipment, including heaters or chillers.
Forget the hassle – our filters are easy-to-use, with little maintenance so you can focus on more important things knowing your animals are taken care of.
Why Buy an AST Filter?
- Tested technology – over 20 years of research and real-world application have proven bead filtration superiority
- Energy savings – smaller pumps paired with efficient design
- Low maintenance – backwashing is quick and doesn’t require you to get your hands dirty
- Longevity – media never needs replacement and is resistant to clogging and channeling
- Excellent biofiltration – media contains 400ft2 of surface area per cubic foot for the biological breakdown of nitrogenous waste
- Superior clarification – studies show that our filters remove 100% of particles greater than 50 microns and 48% of particles in the 5-10 micron range per pass
- Water conserving technology – our newest filters recycle their own backwash water, drastically reducing water loss!
- One year warranty – if there is a defect in filter manufacturing AST will provide a warranty replacement for up to one year from the date of shipment
Let's Get Started Today
From a simple filter to a complete custom system, our engineers can help you find the perfect filtration system for your needs. Get in touch today!