PolyGeyser® Bead Filter
The self-automated backwash process requires no moving parts or electronics.
Under development for several years, the patented PolyGeyser® technology is capable of handling ammonia loads 50% – 100% higher than standard bead filters at a fraction of the water loss and head loss.
The innovative backwash process prevents caking and clogging – keeping your day-to-day operations moving along smoothly. The backwash is gentle, keeping the biofilm intact while allowing the system to operate for long periods of time with no maintenance.
- Automatic backwashing – these filters clean themselves
- PolyGeyser has been tested and proven for over 20 years
- Optional Airlift offers additional energy savings
- Superior biological filtration with 1.5x Bubble Beads
- The biofilm remains protected from frequent backwash cycles
- Simple design has no moving parts to break
- Water loss is reduced – only concentrated sludge is removed
PolyGeyser Skid System
Prefabricated for Quick and Easy Installation
With our PolyGeyser skid systems, you can rest assured that AST’s engineering professionals have done all of the hard work for you. These systems come with all of your filtration basics, plus optional UV sterilization. The filtration system is as automated as they come, employing a pneumatic backwash mechanism designed to save time.
- Mounted on a skid for indoor or outdoor use
- Optional UV sterilization available
- Centrifugal pumps with strainer baskets
- Pump Assisted Backwash Kits for pressurized discharge of backwash waters
- Plumbed using Schedule 40 PVC
- Unions at strategic locations for easy maintenance
- Simply connect a line leading from your pond or tank to the pump suction, and a line leading from the filter outlet back to the pond or tank!
"We used the PolyGeyser as a bioclarifier for our red drum broodstock system and we found that the less you mess with the filter, the better the results. It was a powerful clarifier and biofilter in one unit."
Paul Picard, Chief Aquaculturist, Red Drum Broodfish Application with 8' Deep Tanks
Let's Get Started Today
From a simple filter to a complete custom system, our engineers can help you find the perfect filtration system for your needs. Get in touch today!