Industrial Sand Filters vs. Bead Filters
Why Switch to Bead Filters for Solids Removal?
Sand filters are often the default choice for solids removal in municipal and industrial filtration applications, but there are much better solutions available. While both industrial sand filters and floating bead filters are mechanical filters that use media to filter solids, the bead filter offers far more filtration benefits.
AST Bead Filter Advantages Over Industrial Sand Filters:
- Simultaneous biofiltration – rather than requiring additional equipment, bead filters accomplish biofiltration at the same time as solids removal
- Lower energy consumption – bead filters require a smaller pump for an equal flow rate, or can be gravity fed
- Far superior water conservation – bead filters concentrate sludge and result in far less water wasted during backflushing
- Automatic backflush – constantly cleaning industrial sand filters results in unnecessary downtime, while bead filters complete an automatic backflush without interruption to water flow or treatment
- No moving parts – nothing to maintain or replace
- Impervious to biofouling
- No channeling or caking
- Never replace media – industrial sand filters require new media periodically, while bead filters continually re-use the floating plastic media forever
Let's Get Started Today
From a simple filter to a complete custom system, our engineers can help you find the perfect filtration system for your needs. Get in touch today!