Recirculating PolyGeyser® Filter
Designed for heavy loads associated with full scale commercial treatment.
The Recirculating PolyGeyser uses the same proven filtration technology as our traditional PolyGeyser but has been optimized for biofiltration. The unit is designed with a built-in recirculation basin for improved treatment of domestic, industrial, and agricultural wastewaters for TSS, BOD and ammonia removal. Discharging water only when new wastewater is added to the internal recirculation basin, flow can be adjusted to meet virtually any discharge expectation.
Designed to Prevent Biofouling
The backwash frequency of the filter can be adjusted to optimally manage biofilms to avoid biofouling. An optimally tuned pneumatic backwashing combined with EN media encourages the development of slow-growing bacteria for the treatment of refractory organics associated with BTEX and MBTE typically found in groundwater contamination. This unit is an excellent choice for treating poorly defined industrial wastes as it can attack both particulates and dissolved contaminants without much concern about oxygen or biofouling.
Large Capacity and Minimal Maintenance for Heavy Loads
Recirculating PolyGeysers are tall filters (up to 10 feet) with high bead bed capabilities ranging currently from 10 to 250 cubic foot with internal recirculation flows ranging from 100 to 2,500 gpm. Normally equipped with auto-pneumatic sludge discharge, these units are intended to operate for months with periodic pass-bye inspection to assure that the air blower and input pumps are operating. The air blowers drive the recirculation loops and only the beads, water, and air move within the unit – there is nothing to break, not even a check valve. These filters can even be buried, as all vital components can be reached from the top.
First choice for upgrading existing domestic wastewater facilities.
- Stand-alone treatment for small flows
- Designed for consolidation: these filters can replace/upgrade biofiltration, secondary clarification, and/or tertiary polishing units
- Small on-site footprint – the recirculation tank is built into the unit
- Energy efficient recirculation and oxygen transfer with internal airlifts
- Enhanced nitrification and organic (BOD) removal with multiple passes
- Normally operates with pneumatic sludge removal with no electronics
- No moving parts or electronics to break
- EN media provides superior BOD, TSS, and ammonia removal
- Can be configured for BTEX or Nitrate removal aerobically or anaerobically
- Ideal for remote groundwater remediation sites
- Can be configured for corrosion free marine applications
- Backwashes with a linear air pump
- One year warranty, USA made
See Our Recent Case Study
Pilot RCPG System for Facultative Lagoon Polishing
In order to meet increasingly strict discharge standards, AST provided a trailer mounted pilot scale test unit to pull a side stream off of the current waste stream.
The smallest, the RCPG 10, is ideal for pilot testing and small domestic wastewater applications. The larger sizes, RCPG 100 – our midrange unit, and the RCPG 250 – our modular large scale unit, are great for commercial applications. Multiple units can be connected to treat high volumes as needed. The adjustable recirculation rate makes these filters adaptable and able to handle a wide range of applications to achieve the results you need.
Let's Discuss Your Project
From a simple filter to a complete custom system, our engineers can help you find the perfect filtration system for your needs. Get in touch today!